Our projects and activities
Do you have an idea for a project? Feel free to share with Isabel Ramos and Niels Garmann-Johnsen!
Activities started in 2019
The ERCIS Digital Transformation Lab is in the process of being formalized at the Department of Information Systems of the University of Minho.
- Several projects were submitted with the collaboration of members from ERCIS, including:
Cost Action "OPen innovation Excellence Network". The action was submitted for the third time now in September. It aims to advance the understanding of the OI antecedents, hampering factors, and of the challenges present in innovation ecosystems. The action includes 67 proposers from 31 countries. The proposers from ERCIS are UMINHO, UiA, TalTech, KTU, UMaribor, and UNISG.
Virtual Open Innovation Lab (VOIL) – ERASMUS +: KA203 - Strategic Partnerships for higher education. The project aims at developing a curriculum to guide the learning of emerging technologies and assess their potential for innovating and digitally transform Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises - SMEs.
There are 9 project proposers from 7 countries and the members from ERCIS are WWU, UMINHO, KTU and UiA; by its CeDIT-centre. The project was submitted to the German national agency and approved.
- to start now in November 2019.
Joint funding opportunities
We are continously looking for oppertunities to fund and develop activities in line with our mission. Suggestions are welcome!
Here are some posibilities in EU programs:
- Boost rural economies through cross-sector digital service platforms: 22/04/2020 Rural areas are key to solve many of the big societal challenges such as climate change or the sustainable provision of food, biomass and energy. Among the priorities to be addressed, overcoming the digital divide between rural and urban areas and developing the potential offered by increased connectivity and digitisation of rural areas must receive particular attention. Proposals are expected to develop and demonstrate cost-efficient and flexible cross-domain applications through large-scale pilots. See https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/op... dt-ict-09-2020
- Research innovation needs & skills training in PhD programmes: 15/04/2020 A broad package of Open Science and entrepreneurship skills-related training, integration and intelligence for researchers and scientists in all career stages should to be developed. In 2020, the focus should be on open science and open innovation practices and the training should be integrated into existing PhD programmes. Projects need to be organised by (or in cooperation with) experienced projects, which already developed and implemented joint PhD curricula, for example under Erasmus+ or ITN. In all cases, partners should be able to demonstrate proof of concept and initial impact of the PhD training and reasoning for improving and formally integrating skills training. See https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/op...
- Hands-on citizen science and frugal innovation: 15/04/2020 Citizen science is blooming across scientifc disciplines. It can potentially bring a wide variety of benefits to researchers, citizens of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, policy makers and society across the research and innovation cycle, e.g.; it can accelerate and sometimes even make possible the production of new scientific knowledge; it can lead to innovations that meet the needs of disadvantaged population groups. See https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/op...
- Innovators of the future: bridging the gender gap: 15/04/2020 Female creativity and innovation potential are an under-exploited source of economic growth and creation of jobs. Innovation plays a key role in addressing and solving societal challenges. It is time to break gender stereotypes, in particular in innovation and entrepreneurship, and to create a smart, sustainable and inclusive innovation ecosystem that encourages young girls to become women innovators and that provides them with the support they need to be successful. See https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/op...
We will be happy to arrange e. g., video-meetings with other ERCIS members with interest in these calls and ideas (or other ideas!) so that we can define a project by April 2020.